No-Bake Banana Split Cake Recipe
Indulge in the delightful flavors of a classic banana split with a twist – our No-Bake Banana Split Cake! This no-fuss, no-bake dessert captures all the delicious components of the traditional sundae, layered into a luscious cake. It’s the perfect treat for those times when you crave the iconic combination of bananas, chocolate, strawberries, and creamy goodness without the hassle of baking. Follow this simple and unique recipe to create a dessert that will have everyone asking for seconds.
For the Crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
For the Filling:
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 container (8 oz) whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Additional banana slices and strawberries (optional)
Step 1: Prepare the Crust
- In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and granulated sugar. Mix until the crumbs are evenly coated.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish to form the crust. Place the dish in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the filling.
Step 2: Layer the Fruits
- Remove the chilled crust from the refrigerator and arrange the sliced bananas evenly over the crust.
- Next, add a layer of sliced strawberries and then the drained crushed pineapple. Ensure an even distribution of fruits.
Step 3: Prepare the Filling
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the instant vanilla pudding mix and cold milk. Whisk until the pudding thickens, which should take a few minutes.
- Once the pudding is ready, fold in about half of the whipped topping until it’s well incorporated.
- Spread this pudding mixture evenly over the layered fruits in the baking dish.
Step 4: Add Toppings
- Carefully spread the remaining whipped topping over the pudding layer, creating a smooth and even surface.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts on top of the whipped topping.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup in a decorative pattern over the cake.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries, banana slices, and strawberries as desired.
Step 5: Chill and Serve
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate the No-Bake Banana Split Cake for at least 4 hours, or until it’s nicely set.
- Once chilled, cut into squares or slices and serve.
Conclusion: No-Bake Banana Split Cake is a quick and delicious way to enjoy the iconic flavors of a banana split in a convenient cake form. This dessert is perfect for warm weather or any occasion where you want to satisfy your sweet tooth without turning on the oven. With layers of bananas, strawberries, pineapple, and creamy goodness, it’s a delightful treat that everyone will love. Enjoy this unique twist on a classic favorite!