Hot Peach Cobbler Recipe
Hot Peach Cobbler is a timeless dessert that captures the essence of summer in every bite. This classic recipe combines juicy, sweet peaches with a warm, buttery topping for a delightful treat that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream, this dessert is a crowd-pleaser. In this guide, we’ll take you through the steps to create a mouthwatering Hot Peach Cobbler that’s sure to become a family favorite.
For the Peach Filling:
- 6 cups fresh or canned sliced peaches (if using canned, drain excess syrup)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cobbler Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Step 1: Preheat the Oven
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
Step 2: Prepare the Peach Filling
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sliced peaches, granulated sugar, cornstarch, ground cinnamon, nutmeg (if using), salt, and vanilla extract.
- Gently toss the mixture to coat the peaches evenly.
Step 3: Transfer to Baking Dish
- Pour the peach filling into a greased 9×13-inch baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
Step 4: Prepare the Cobbler Topping
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the milk, melted unsalted butter, and vanilla extract until the batter is smooth.
Step 5: Add Topping to the Peaches
- Carefully pour the cobbler topping over the peach filling in the baking dish. Use a spatula to spread it out evenly.
Step 6: Bake
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the cobbler topping is golden brown and the peach filling is bubbling.
Step 7: Serve Hot
- Remove the Hot Peach Cobbler from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the cobbler while it’s still hot, either on its own or with your choice of toppings, such as vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Conclusion: Hot Peach Cobbler is a comforting dessert that embodies the flavors of summer. The combination of sweet, juicy peaches and a warm, buttery cobbler topping creates a delightful treat that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you enjoy it as a comforting family dessert or serve it to guests, this classic recipe will never go out of style. Savor the essence of summer with a delicious serving of Hot Peach Cobbler!