Lemon Blueberry Loaf Recipe
Indulge in a burst of fresh flavors with our Lemon Blueberry Loaf. This delightful treat combines the zesty brightness of lemons with the sweet and juicy allure of blueberries. Whether enjoyed for breakfast, as an afternoon snack, or as a dessert, this moist and tender loaf is a delightful addition to any table. In this guide, we’ll take you through the steps to create a mouthwatering Lemon Blueberry Loaf that will leave you craving more.
For the Loaf:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
For the Lemon Glaze:
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
Step 1: Preheat the Oven
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
Step 2: Prepare the Dry Ingredients
- In a bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Step 3: Cream the Butter and Sugar
- In a separate large mixing bowl, cream the softened unsalted butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
Step 4: Add Eggs and Flavorings
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, ensuring they are well incorporated.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined.
Step 5: Incorporate Dry Ingredients
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, alternating with the sour cream. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
Step 6: Fold in Blueberries
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries, taking care not to overmix and break the berries.
Step 7: Bake
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Step 8: Make the Lemon Glaze
- While the loaf is baking, prepare the lemon glaze by mixing the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
Step 9: Glaze and Serve
- Once the Lemon Blueberry Loaf is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the lemon glaze over the loaf while it’s still warm.
- Allow the loaf to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Conclusion: Lemon Blueberry Loaf is a delightful and flavorful treat that perfectly balances the zesty tang of lemons with the sweetness of blueberries. Whether you enjoy it for breakfast, as a snack, or as a dessert, this moist and tender loaf is a delectable addition to your table. Share it with family and friends or savor it with a warm cup of tea or coffee. Enjoy every bite of this scrumptious Lemon Blueberry Loaf!