Beef Liver and Onions
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- 1 pound of beef liver.
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Cooking oil.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of freshly minced sage.
- 2 cups of thinly sliced onions.
- 1/2 cup of beef stock.
- 1 tablespoon of minced Italian parsley.
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
- In a bag, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Place the beef liver (sliced into 1/2-inch strips) into the bag and shake it to coat evenly.
- In a skillet, melt 2 to 3 tablespoons of butter with a small amount of cooking oil and sauté the sliced onions over medium heat.
- Transfer the sautéed onions to a separate dish and season them with sage, salt, and pepper.
- In the same skillet, melt 3 to 4 tablespoons of butter with a dash of cooking oil over high heat, and then add the coated liver. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Combine the sautéed onions with the cooked liver, heat through, and arrange them on a serving plate.
- Deglaze the skillet with beef stock and white wine, and continue to cook until the mixture thickens into a rich sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the liver and onions, and garnish with minced Italian parsley.
Enjoy your meal!